jueves, 27 de agosto de 2009

Blogging does?/does not? ruin friendships

Like this article affirms about FACEBOOK (How the title concerns the content of the text with precision? I have no idea but it is a good pitch for Facebook users to "dig" on it). As an occasional user of both channels I must admit discomfort and regret when I post too specific account of our activities or clearly irrelevant facts about life-our life. Who should care? Those who do would get to know it anyway...I understand the posture of the author very well. Sometimes I am compelled to feel the same (very, very bored, specially about the silly quizzes people compulsively take and even sillier results that strangely enough they volunteer to disclose!!!!). One should also appreciate the possibilities that this social networking offers. Mixed feelings: One can be creative, save time (no mass-emailing-impolite- but publishing-impersonal yet acceptable-), inform and get informed, have the option of a contact, etc. Anyone can also become annoying, silly, boring repetitive, a nuisance of www proportions! My limit: Never harass others to the point of urging to Twitter. MySpace is too much for certain ages and lifestyle. Who has the time to "secondlife" and "firstlife" efficiently?

By Elizabeth Bernstein in the Wall Street Journal Online:

" Notice to my friends: I love you all dearly. But I don't give a hoot that you are "having a busy Monday," your child "took 30 minutes to brush his teeth," your dog "just ate an ant trap" or you want to "save the piglets." And I really, really don't care which Addams Family member you most resemble. (I could have told you the answer before you took the quiz on Facebook.)
..."


I keep this cartoon in mind

No hay comentarios.: