- 500g ready-made shortcrust pastry
- zest and juice of 2 unwaxed lemons
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 100g pack ground almonds
- 5 eggs
- 100g butter, melted
- 8 tbsp limoncello liqueur
- 6 plums, stoned and cut into wedges
- 200g golden caster sugar
- Roll out the pastry and use to line a loose-bottomed tart tin, 25cm diameter and about 3.5-4cm deep. Chill for at least half an hour.
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Line the pastry with greaseproof paper, fill with baking beans and bake blind for 15 mins. Remove beans and paper.
- Put the lemon zest and juice, cream, almonds, sugar, eggs and melted butter in a large bowl and whisk until smooth then stir in the limoncello.
- Put the plums in the pastry case then pour the custard mixture over. Bake for about 20-30 mins until the custard is just set. Allow to cool then dredge with icing sugar before serving.
LIMONCELLO PLUM TART http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3401/limoncello-plum-tart.jsp
3 large tomatoes or 5-6 plum tomatoes, diced small
1 med. white onion, diced small
1 jalapeno or other hot pepper, diced (you decide if you want to seed it or not)
juice of 2 limes, or one lemon and one lime
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
salt to taste
Combine everything in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate a couple of hours or overnight before serving...