lunes, 20 de julio de 2009

A movie to watch one more time

The Piano and its great theme song. Among our favourites of both genres. This is a good sample of its photography:



Books by my bedside (no night stand):

-White Teeth by Zadie Smith. Funny, entertaining and very good to improve my rusty English. I have read up to page 77 so far.
-The Pirates of the Digital Millennium by John Gantz and Jack B. Rochester: An avalanche or arguments to support mine, yes, or argument against. Anyway, convincing. Second review, page 46.
-Jerusalem by Selma Lagerlof: Essential guide to the understanding of silent, ceremonial, Nordic cultures. I loved it, it has been compared by my closest friend -J- with Tammsaare, just on the lighter side. Finished my solo and in page 30th of our shared reading experience.
-Elizabeth by Anne Somerset. As much as biographies can be enjoyed if too sympathetic they can`t persuade the reader. I am in page 620, very near its end.
-Del Amor y Otros Demonios "Of Love and Other Demons" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez: Found by chance while unpacking the remaining boxes from Madrid yesterday morning and only 10 pages are left for me to enjoy tonight. Fantastic, literally.

Mao, la historia desconocida by Jung Chang awaits still, "next in line" from Summer2008!

No hay comentarios.: